At the end of each season, we hold the Annual Congress by email. Representatives of each National Federation are able to contribute. This year the Nations included were CZE, GBR, GER and HUN. Armenia were elected as members of the WQF and can vote next year, if they are active in quadrathlons.
The routine business involves scrutiny and approval of the accounts – which showed a surplus for the year and we have a balance which will be used to encourage young athletes to try quadrathlon. Another regular matter was the proposed calendar of World Cup races. An exciting programme of 11 races in 9 different countries has been agreed.
We made some minor changes to the WQF constitution, mainly to clarify when new members are allowed to vote at the congress. There are also a number of small changes to the rules. Mainly to make things clearer or to correct spellings.
There was a discussion about the calculation for World Cup points, introduced last year. These are now based on finish time, rather than just the position. We agreed that this worked well and are going to continue this in 2020. We recognise that entering 4 races can be a logistical (and financial) challenge, so next year the results of your best three races will be totalled. There will still be bonus points for all additional races.
We would welcome comments and suggestions from athletes about the organisation of management of quadrathlons both nationally and internationally.
We wish you happy holidays and a good start into the new year!
by John Kavanagh
- World Cup 2019 – A look back at the season – 16.09.2019
- World Cup 2018 – Final race decision – 11.09.2018
- World Cup 2017 – Not decided until the final race – 11.09.2017
- World Cup: Peces and Teichert win out over strong Hungarian competition – 08.10.2016
- What a fantastic 2015 race season – 15.09.2015
- Review of the Quadrathlon World Cup Season 2014 – 03.10.2014
- World Cup 2013 – Decision in the last race – 24.09.2013
- World Cup 2012 – Roušavý again on the top rung, German Women dominating – 20.09.2012
- Roušavý and Mielke secure themselves the World Cup – 24.09.2011
- Quadrathlon World Cup 2010 ist Geschichte – 21.09.2010